Over the past several months, we’ve all made adjustments during the COVID-19 crisis — nothing’s been quite the same. Even the way you see the doctor. Here at SLUCare, we’ve greatly appreciated your flexibility and patience as we’ve moved appointments and shifted to new forms of care, like virtual visits.
Now, as we are seeing more patients in our offices, we want to make you aware of changes we’ve made for your safety, as well as the safety of our faculty, staff and other patients.
We've made safety a priority
- Changes to our office spaces. We've installed plexiglass where needed, removed some furniture from waiting areas, and placed markings on the floor to ensure social distancing.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE). You’ll notice our providers and staff are using more PPE for their safety and yours. We ask that you also wear a mask or face covering.
- Ensuring social distancing. We’ve placed markings on the floor and spaced furniture to help maintain appropriate social distance. When in public areas, please be aware of personal space and distance from other patients, as well as our providers and staff.
- Screenings. Our providers, staff and patients are being screened at our clinic locations.
- Increased cleaning. We are cleaning the waiting rooms more frequently and thoroughly disinfecting exam rooms between patient visits.
- Virtual visits. When possible, we are encouraging SLUCare patients to take advantage of virtual visits. It’s a doctor’s visit without the doctor’s office.
- Maintaining a no-visitor policy. To help limit exposure, we are limiting the number of people in the office. Please come by yourself, or if you need assistance, please bring only one caregiver.
When visiting our offices, we ask that you:
- Wear a mask or face covering while in the building and the clinic.
- Come by yourself, or if needed, bring only one visitor or caregiver per patient.
- Be prepared for a screening at the clinic.
- Wait in your car, if asked to do so, and we’ll text you when it’s time to come inside for your office visit.
- Practice safe social distancing in public areas of the building and in our clinic.
- If you are having symptoms such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, notify your health care provider prior to arrival.
Please know that we at SLUCare are closely following the latest guidance from the CDC, state and local health departments, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, and our infectious disease experts.
To schedule an appointment, call 314-977-4440. Or request an appointment online below.