Expert Testing, Immediate Results
Located on the campus of SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis, the SLUCare Ultrasound Clinic offers detailed ultrasound imaging, performed by board-certified SLUCare OB/GYNs. The clinic is not for pregnant women, but for women experiencing gynecologic problems, including:
- Pelvic pain
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhea)
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Ovarian cysts/masses
- Congenital uterine abnormality
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Ovarian cancer screening
- Endometrial abnormalities
SLUCare Ultrasound Clinic offers:
- Testing performed by a physician, not just a sonographer, for expert interpretation and diagnosis.
- Generous appointment times to provide a thorough, personalized exam.
- Advanced testing technologies, including 3D and saline-infusion ultrasounds.
- Immediate feedback for patients, alleviating the anxiety of delayed test results.
- Biopsy and other follow-up procedures performed on site, if needed and approved by referring physician.
Dr. Diane Petersen is a board-certified SLUCare OB/GYN and educator with the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Through the SLUCare Ultrasound Clinic, Dr. Petersen works collaboratively with your primary care physician or gynecologist to deliver the best possible care for your individual needs.
The clinic operates two Thursdays per month, with emergency care available as needed. Appointments are scheduled with a physician referral.