Restoring Functionality Lost Due to Cancer, Trauma
SLUCare's division of head and neck cancer and reconstructive surgery specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck, and in reconstruction services for patients who have had head and neck cancer or severe trauma. We manage tumors of the skin, salivary glands, thyroid and parathyroid glands, as well as the upper airway and digestive tract.
As part of an academic medical practice, our physicians work closely with Saint Louis University's experts in oncology, dentistry, speech/language pathology, nutrition and social work to offer our patients information and insight into all aspects of the care they will receive. We also offer the expertise of an on-site oral and maxillofacial pathologist, who diagnoses and treats oral diseases, including oral cancers, as well as yeast and fungal infections, inflammation, blistering disorders and problems of the salivary glands.
Our doctors and staff discuss the entire scope of your treatment with you, from diagnosis to surgery, as well as reconstructive procedures, follow-up care, and quality of life implications.
SLUCare Head and Neck Cancer Specialists Treat:
- Skin cancers of the head and neck
- Tumors of the salivary glands, thyroid, parathyroid, mouth, throat and voice box
- Reconstruction following traumatic injuries
- Multidisciplinary approach to care
- Single-setting care
- Fellowship-trained ablative and reconstructive surgeons
- Latest surgical technology such as the DaVinci Robot
- On-site soft tissue biopsies of oral lesions
- Steroid therapy for oral ulcers and inflammatory conditions
- Oral cancer screenings