Diagnosis, Treatment and Management for All Forms of Respiratory Disease and Critical Illness
SLUCare pulmonologists and critical care physicians are fellowship-trained specialists using the latest treatments for complex respiratory illnesses, both in the hospital and in specialized outpatient clinics.
We treat pediatric and adult patients in our Cystic Fibrosis Centers at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital and SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital. We provide relief for sleep problems in our SLUCare Sleep Disorders Center, ongoing outpatient care for blood clots in the SLUCare Pulmonary Embolism Clinic, and management of high blood pressure of the arteries and lungs in our SLUCare Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic.
In our Airway and Breathing Clinic, we treat adults with asthma, COPD, chronic bronchitis and other respiratory problems to improve patients' quality of life.
We offer evaluations for lung transplantation, noninvasive mechanical ventilation, assistance weaning from mechanical ventilation, and pulmonary rehabilitation services for people with COPD.
Diagnosis and treatment take place in our state-of-the-art facilities, allowing us to provide sophisticated lung function tests, chest imaging, bronchoscopies, lung biopsies and other diagnostic procedures. As part of an academic medical practice, our doctors coordinate care across specialties — such as interventional pulmonology and oncology — to streamline and optimize care for each patient's unique needs.
Problems We Treat
- Acute respiratory failure
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome requiring ventilator support
- Severe infections/sepsis
- Chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung cancer
- Thromboembolic disease (blood clots in the legs and/or lungs)
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Occupational lung problems
- Sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome
Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary stress evaluations for the workup of unexplained shortness of breath
- Chest imaging
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic pleural and lung biopsy
- Interventional bronchoscopic procedures, including argon laser bronchoscopy and brachytherapy
- Evaluations for lung transplantation
- Screening for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH)
- Non-invasive mechanical ventilation
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation
Center for Specialized Medicine 1225 South Grand, Second Floor
St. Louis, MO 63104
314-977-6190 See Map
Salus Center – SLUCare Sleep Disorders Center 3545 Lafayette Ave., Suite 1100 St. Louis, MO 63104 314-977-5337
Des Peres Medical Arts Pavilion II 2315 Dougherty Ferry Road, Suite 211 St. Louis, MO 63122 314-977-7893 See Map SLUCare Physician Group
6400 Clayton Road, Suite 201
St. Louis, MO 63117