Clinical Evaluation and Radiation Therapy for St. Louis Cancer Patients
As part of an academic medical practice, SLUCare Radiation Oncology offers a range of proven treatments for fighting cancer and benign tumors in both adults and children.
Our radiation oncologists work closely with SLUCare surgeons, medical oncologists and other specialists, including the pediatric team with the nationally ranked Bob Costas Cancer Center at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. We collaborate with specialists in the SLUCare Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases, the SLUCare Cutaneous Lymphoma Clinic and the Center for Outpatient Blood and Marrow Transplantation. Together, we offer customized treatment plans for patients with benign and malignant tumors, as well as rare or complex cancers.
- Brain tumors
- Breast cancer
- Cardiothoracic and lung cancers
- Central nervous system: benign and malignant disease
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Head and neck tumors
- Liver cancer
- Pediatric cancers
- Prostate and genitourinary cancers
- Retroperitoneal tumors
- Sarcoma and musculoskeletal malignancies
- Skin cancers: melanoma, squamous and basal cell
- Total body radiation
SLUCare Radiation Oncology Services
- Clinical evaluation
- Hypofractionated therapies
- Radiation therapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Stereotactic ablative body radiation
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy
Center for Radiation Medicine Expands Treatment Options
Our team has provided radiation therapy for cancer patients on the Saint Louis University Medical Center campus since 1968. We were among the first in the area to offer cutting-edge Cyberknife technology in 2004. Now, we're taking a big step forward in cancer care with the our new Center for Radiation Medicine at SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital.
The center features the very latest technologies for treating cancer, including high-dose brachytherapy and the Varian TrueBeam Radiotherapy System — a modern, faster stereotactic precision radiotherapy.
Varian TrueBeam is a noninvasive cancer treatment that uses radiographic CT images, optical or radiofrequency guidance to actively target tumors and lesions with potent doses of radiation at a high level of accuracy.
These new capabilities expand options for patients and offer many benefits:
- Precision targeting avoids healthy tissue, allowing tumors to be treated at higher doses
- Significantly reduced treatment time versus traditional treatment approaches
- Ability to treat widespread areas of disease, such as total body radiation for transplant patients
- Technologies capture images during treatment to track tumor changes both in real time and over time
- System automatically adjusts for breathing, reducing the need for repositioning during treatment, speeding treatment time
- Perfect Pitch table accommodates patients up to 500 pounds
- Valet and reserved parking available
|Find a Radiation Oncologist||Request an Appointment|